DAC Beachcroft LLP
Monday 26th June 2017
Karen has 24 years experience in public relations and Tourism marketing both agency side and as the former Head Of PR, Promotions and Internal Communications at Virgin Holidays. She has worked with many travel and lifestyle brands from tourist boards and hotel groups to tour operators and luxury brands.
She spent 10 years at travel PR agency First Public Relations Limited including 5 years as the agency’s Strategy & Business Development Director. During her tenure at Virgin Holidays she was responsible for the strategy and delivery of the brand’s internal and external communications strategy, which included launching the first V-Room at Gatwick, Virgin Holidays Cruises and a brand partnership with HIP Hotels.
Karen established TippettPR in 2010 to offer a “blended to order” service to clients needing senior level strategic direction, solid communications basics, social media management, crisis management and fresh campaign creative embedded in business commercial objectives. Current clients include Elite Island Resorts Caribbean, Olympic Holidays and Ultrasun. She participates both at CIPR roundtable events and is part of the London and South East CIPR business mentoring programme. She is a 4 time CIPR Excellence & PRide “Outstanding Independent Practitioner” winner.
Recent campaigns for clients have included:
- The Caribbean’s first Silent disco and cinema programme curated by De La Soul’s Maseo
- The first overseas “Olympic Sea Pool” swim workshop with Becky Adlington
- X Factor “Judges Homes” 2013 & 2014 locations for two resorts
- The first travel blogger Island Hopathon
- The Caribbean’s First “Sleep School”
- “Project Bell Boy” - a style and travel partnership: Errol Douglas MBE and Thompson Hotels
Outside of business, Karen has mentored with youth charities.